Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm a Raw Milk Crazie. Conversion Complete


Just finishing lunch now. Two hard boiled eggs and a glass of raw chocolate milk.

Sunday I was really bad. I don't know what happened. Perhaps it had something to do with not having any food in the apartment, but I ate awful. I had 3 doughnuts with chocolate milk from a gas station, chipotle, smore poptarts, and a 20oz bottle of Mr. Pibb extra. Oops! Needless to say that between Sunday's complete disregard for healthy food options and Saturday's eating a little more than I usually would, outlook for Monday's weigh-in was bleak. Surprisingly, I was only up about 1 and a half pounds. 124.2lbs. Not too shabby all things considering. Today I was back down to 123.0 lbs.

The chocolate milk I got from the gas station just does not compare to my homemade raw chocolate milk! It sucks, you cannot find simple chocolate milk. The pre-made versions all have carrageenan, high fructose corn syrup, etc. Always unnecessary ingredients. I almost threw the Kemps 2% chocolate milk in the garbage. Felt like I was drinking something tainted with poison. But I'm too frugal for that.

I'm even starting to like the extra cow after-taste of raw milk. Didn't think I'd be saying that so soon. As the milk gets older (today it marks two weeks old), it seems to ever so slightly increase in cow after-taste.

I'm not sure how much of this is psychological. I have become raw milk crazie. If I can't have it, then I just won't have any. Still have to test out regular milk on running. I probably should have done more testing before starting the raw milk. I was too curious to wait, and also worried that I'd run out of time to drink the 3 gallons of raw milk that I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment