Thursday, February 14, 2013

Random Ramblings_Disapointment and Partial Failure


It's been a while since I posted last, and I guess I've been slacking in some ways. Not posting lots of new information and whatnot. The last few days, maybe week, I went back to my obsessive scanning project. My desk and bookcase were simply not acceptable. I pushed through and finished it last night. Yay! My life is so thrilling. I'm twenty-six, and I spend my free time scanning and reading about food. Someday, someday in the mid-distant future, I will be leading the life to be envious of (hopefully I'll magically stay young), but for now projects need finished and questions need answers.

Back to the food and dieting experiences.

I'm disappointed. My diet isn't perfect. I'm losing weight still, but something is simply not right. Namely, PMS is not right! Argh! Last month, I broke the short-lived consecutive 30-day cycles. This month, as of yesterday, I'm already having chest tenderness. I believe I must slow down and always give my body the attention it is crying out for. I am on edge about this, because this tells me two things:

1) My diet is still causing inflammation, mostly likely estrogen or food-toxin based, in my chest. I guess the diet being the cause of inflammation may be one step too far. I could be detoxing.

2) My hope at a regular cycle this month is a little limited. Usually chest pain develops shortly after ovulation (with the change in hormones). I can expect to be a little early. From long cycle to short cycle, not my new definition of regular.

A clue that I have towards a solution to the problem is that I have at least once decreased the amount of chest pain I experienced when I was eating vegan (very short time-frame). I think due to not having much competitive from other food groups, I was more closely approaching the right amount of veggies (maybe fruits)....and they were usually raw since I didn't feel like cooking if I didn't have to. Problem with that diet - I was always hungry and having energy crashes despite also eating lots high density nuts.

Or the detoxing. I'm probably just having wishful thinking with that idea. In my previous post, I commented on my shrinking butt. This is not the case for the fatty tissue on my chest. I think if I was detoxing up there, too, then I would probably be noticing some size decrease there as well. A more likely explanation is that inflammation is still occurring, and preventing weight loss in that location. Double-edge sword, do you want to keep something when you know it's toxic?

Another factor could be that with the meat in the diet, I am again cooking it. Read something about how many cooked meats produce something that can encourage breast tumors. I'm still a little nervous about the thought of eating raw meat despite consuming raw milk.

I'm considering flipping my diet every other day. Possibly trying intermittent fasting. I oddly feel most alert when I haven't eaten for a while. But then I think to myself I should eat, and just thinking about food makes me want to eat.

Day 1 - Portion out 3 hard boiled eggs
             Focus on salad, fewer fruits (low protein consumption=potential for sugar glycation) 
             Raw milk if feeling unsatisfied by lots of veggies
Day 2 - Eat how I am now, conservative servings of cooked meat
             Also with cooked veggies, fruits as desired
             Left over salad if there is some from Day 1
Day 3 - Delay eating anything until 1pm (if schedule permits)
             Big Salad, late lunch with 1 egg or glass of milk
             Dinner flexible, as long as big salad eaten for lunch
Day 4 - No program. Eat however desired.
Day 5 - Repeat Day 1
Day 6 - Repeat Day 2
Day 7 - Repeat Day 3

I'll be trying this plan next time I go grocery shopping. Raw milk may still be in limited supply at that time.  :/  At this point, the dieting is not so much about the weight loss, I simply believe that my menstrual cycle shouldn't make me unhappy for half of any given month. I'm four pounds under my 2012 trim down goal, wondering when I'm going to hit the plateau & when all the health factors will tell me I'm on a path to extreme over-ripe old age. What a beautiful day that'll be.

Time for a nice glass of chocolate milk! Milking the PMS with a chocolate fix.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment