Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vegetable Fermentation_Update


Last Thursday I posted about trying out another recipe for pickled carrots. My salt water and carrot concoction is brewing on the counter. I've tried it a couple times. It is clear that it has changed taste a little (for the better). It's more sour. Yet it's still not what I remember at Bucho's. The salt water still is a little more salty tasting than I'd like, too. Tonight marks three twenty-four hour periods. I'm nervous about giving it too much time. Patience. I'll give it at least one more day.

Other news: I ate terrible today. I had a gluten-free, dairy-free pizza with a cherry coke for lunch. Yikes! Awful processed foods and soy. Then for dinner I cooked something good. Grass-fed ground beef in tomato paste with a bunch of veggies. Celery, carrot, potato, onion, and green peas. Quite delicious, but I definitely feel as though I overate. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning's weigh-in.

Other randomness: been thinking to myself that I have a bunch of ideas I wish I could materialize and get rich off of. Saw somebody's comment online about how much of not accomplishing things is simply related to not trying. I'm always a chicken. Sure would help to have some confidence, thank you architecture school for all the confidence you stole from my personality.

Blog is on the backburner for a little while. I'm switching my focus from food to other stuff. I'm still experimenting with dairy-free for the running allergy. Soon I'll be going for a run to test it out maybe tomorrow afternoon if I can be good and not eat anything until then. Maybe just a few blueberries tonight, with a run before lunchtime. So I will be updating. But as far as content from readings and the like, that'll be limited for a bit. It's just the way I am. I focus intently on some things for awhile, then shift to another thing and then go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment