Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Why is it that nothing is ever simple?


This is a slightly off-topic post.

I have this issue. Everything I ever do seems more complicated than it should be. Simple things like hanging clothes or washing dishes turns into a series of minor details that need to be just right. All my clothes if they are hanging need to be facing the same direction with the hook part of the hangers all in the same direction, too. This makes it easier to move bunches of clothes and to see which shirt is which. Dishes have to be arranged well, too. Ease of access issues maybe, OCD potentially?

Anyways, in some cases I think that it's just the project that I'm working on that is the reason things get more complicated and more complicated as time goes on. But then it starts to appear that everything in my life has become over-the-top.

I really really just want a textbook I could trust for the quality information I wish to obtain. Instead, one person says one thing, another another thing. Everybody blames something, and nobody can seem to be trusted. Is it such a hardship to ask for good information? I didn't get into food research wanting to pick a fight, but the more I read the deeper it goes.

Architecture school wasn't much better. You're never really done with a project. You just are pushed further and further. Maybe I would have been better off with engineering or foreign language.

I'm searching for answers in an ocean teeming with information. Water that fails to quench thirst, and praying that it ain't just me that has a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment