Thursday, January 31, 2013

Change in Cycle Imitating Change in Diet?


So I've been bad about posting recently. The weekends are my busy work days. Last weekend came and went without any time to post a worthwhile post. I was also sort of waiting on my cycle because I really wanted to show how my diet has significantly changed that. Well, that failed. Four cycles in a row coming in at 30 or 31 days was unprecedented reliability in the over two years of period tracking I've been up-keeping. Too good. So the would-be fifth in-a-row 30 day cycle had to mess with me coming in at a 36 days. Maybe next month or the one after I'll post a pretty graph with more information than anyone cares to read about.

I'm used to variation from 27 to 38 day cycles. So a 36 day cycle is nothing to worry about, except that it doesn't make the case for my diet as well as a 30 day cycle does. But then again, this month also had so many unprecedented food changes which I'll list below...

1) Discovery and over-eating of Noosa yogurt.

Each container has 2 servings. I'd eat 2 containers at a time. I generally don't eat a lot of dairy in any given month. I couldn't resist this yogurt. Considering it's pasteurized too, ooops.

2) Nearly half a stick of butter experiment.

Yeah, ingesting almost half a stick of butter wasn't a great plan. It resulted in a terrible outbreak of acne that didn't go away for awhile. Again, I don't think that acne is a good sign of your inner-workings. This alone may have not been significant, but with everything else - potentially.

3) Raw milk trial.

I bought 3 gallons of milk. In the last week and two days, I've probably drank almost a gallon. I usually drink less than a quarter of a gallon in two weeks. Significant change in diet...however, it did come later in my cycle so it's less likely to have had an influence when compared to the yogurt.

4) Lots of fruit juices (100% juice, not from concentrate)

They also have to pasteurize fruit juices. I didn't pay attention to this until the debacle of information concerning raw milk. Anyways, I splurged on a two big bottles of juice shortly after the butter incident and around the same time as the yogurt. It messed with my insides, and may have been a contributing factor in the slow recovery of my acne from the butter.

Clearly, my diet was a bit out-of-wack this month --- and the result was a bit out-of-wack cycle. Little change in exercise levels.

I've sworn off the fruit juice. Eating nearly half a stick of butter isn't fun anyways. And as for the Noosa yogurt, it don't believe it is particularly healthy. I'm also weary of anything that makes me feel like I lose self-control in eating it, like a food addiction. I'll be trying to avoid it in the next month. That just leaves raw milk. Guess, if I'm good, in another month I will know what the impact of raw milk is on my cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment