Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Blaming the Scale
The scale we weigh ourselves is just a simple instrument. When I felt like my weight was out of my control, I turned on my scale. It's the same scale I have now, peculiar how we've become buddy-buddy.
I used to weigh myself, and the weights would vary so drastically from day to day. Always weighing in during the mornings before eating and after peeing. How else could I explain it, but to question the authority of the scale? Must be a faulty scale, there's no way I gained 5lbs!
It still jumps around these days, too. Only I feel that I have control of myself. It's a fragile control; I can become easily vexed should I see a weight gain of more than 2lbs overnight that I cannot explain by a splurge on junk food or something similar. But the general slope is downwards.
Today marked a real achievement. ---- 124.8lbs! ----
Definitely ringing in the New Year on a high note. I'm really not even trying (though the initial cutting grains out of your diet can be a challenge). Not exercising excessively. In fact, the last time I did any exercise was skiing New Year's Eve. Normally, I bike everyday for a total of about 40min. Not this week. I'm not a hungry either.
"It's working, it's working."
Labels:
Weighing In
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment