Friday, January 11, 2013

Raw Milk Frustration

Okay, so I might be on the edge about raw milk -- not really knowing how much to believe from which side of the argument. BUT, I would like the freedom to access it so that I can decide for myself. Isn't it our own risk to eat partially raw eggs or meat?

Ranting.

Illinois is one of the stuck in the middle states on raw milk legislation. By that, I mean raw milk isn't approved for retail/commercial sales, but it is legal to buy it directly from a farm. So how many of us consumers go to the farm for our food?

Not only that, but from what I can find online, there are two places within reasonable distance to obtain raw milk....just not in winter. There's another place about an hour North that offers milk. Hopefully year around.

But really? Who wants to drive an hour for one item? And if you're car-less like me, that one hour turns into something like three or four hours, one way!

[Positive note: if it's winter, at least I won't have to worry about the milk spoiling in the extended transit time.]

Curiosity killed the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment