Sunday, January 6, 2013

Introduction - Why

Welcome!

I'm starting this blog for a few main reasons. I mean, solely for your entertainment. Yep.

Last year, I began a project to research as much as I could about food and health in the search for consensus on the "right" diet. Most of my reading involved other people's blogs. I know, not the most "scientific" path, but I also believe there is something tainted with food science. This is my effort to document and pull together the many random things I've read to craft a conclusion.

Beyond pulling together other people's information, I will add in my own experimentation. I am surprisingly good at eliminating whole food groups from my diet for periods of time. For a period of about ten years, I was a vegetarian. A short while vegan. And now, I'm significantly grain-free. That's the simplified version of everything.

Following my six years of undergrad, I came to a realization that I wasn't healthy. Which, for those who know me, may seem exaggerated since I've never been extremely overweight and have no major health complaints. I do believe the little things add up, though. And I'll be sharing all the little details, so this is your fair warning to leave if you're bothered by things under the category of "too much information." These things need to be talked about somewhere, otherwise how do we know we're normal? I think sometimes it's easy to ignore all the signs that our bodies are giving us. We like to be tough, and the abnormal becomes normal for us....never realizing when it happened. I hope that my sharing these details may awaken others (what lone souls that may end up following this blog).

Finally, I also plan on sharing my random thoughts here...not necessarily related to food. I have some strange form of social anxiety. Maybe talking about it will help release the anxieties and at the very least may allow those who know me to understand me a little better. I may also ramble on about strange habits or whatever I so feel like. I'd rather comment here than broadcast my off-tones to all my facebook friends.

Conclusion of the intro, I'm writing this blog for these reasons:

1) Form a documented conclusion on a healthy diet
2) Use my own experimentation to fine-tune my ideas on said diet
3) Awaken others to get personal with their bodies
4) Release my social anxieties through blogging


No comments:

Post a Comment