Thursday, January 10, 2013
Top Signs to Stop Ignoring
I said in a previous post how we like to be tough and ignore the signs. I also believe that we've been conditioned not to recognize the signs our bodies are giving us. So I've devised my own funky list of things you should stop ignoring ASAP.
1) Acne after college.
Okay, we'll give a break to the hormonal teenagers. Acne is strongly connected to the well-being of your gut. Hormones being out of wack is also related to diet. Do not believe that there is nothing you can do about acne. Your skin is speaking for your insides...saying, "Help me or I will make you ugly!"
2) Hemorrhoids or general discomfort taking a crap.
Crap should be passing easily and without pain. If it hurts coming out, how do you think your intestines feel as it is passing through them? Maybe you didn't feel anything as it passed through the intestines, but it doesn't mean a lot of damage isn't being done. If there are any issues in this department, I'd start reading.
3) Unexplained bloating. May tie in with point #2 in that weird gas and craps frequently accompany bloating.
I know it's a shy thing to talk about with others, but still. It doesn't need to be a way of life. Unless, of course, you would rather have bloating than do without the causative agent. For me, this would be eating too much grains in one setting (ie, fistful - probably okay, more than a plate full - watch out!) and dried fruits.
4) General fatigue not explained by sleepless nights or excessive stress.
Can't say sleepless nights or stress are healthy alternatives, but if you're tired, you should at least be able to explain why. You're probably deficient or unbalanced in some way if you're always tired.
5) Change in libido.
Again, this gives you a little insight to what's going on with your hormones.
6) Slow wound healing.
If you get a cut or something, how long does it take to heal? One of the signs of diabetes is slow wound healing. It's also a sign you may have some vitamin or mineral deficiencies.
7) Menstrual Irregularities /Heavy bleeding
I've always thought I was a heavy bleeder...and I thought that was normal. I thought it was normal to feel like I have the flu the first day of my cycle. And I also thought it was normal that my period may come on time +/- one week! It's not normal. "Normal for everyone is different." BAH! What if you have any of these issues, and you could significantly change them? Our diet influences our hormones, so you have more control than you may have been told. In a post to come, I'll write a whole lot more on this topic...
Labels:
Wake up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment