A major component in my diet is eggs. I am no longer fearful of the cholesterol and saturated fat in eggs. I can easily eat 3 dozen in a month. Be afraid if you value my presence in this world, and be patient if you don't. I'll be falling over with a heart attack shortly.
Since I've cut nearly all processed junk out of my life, I'm really keen on learning how to make the perfect soft-boiled egg. Or maybe medium-boiled egg. It's that transit from runny to solid, (but not quite) which I'm aiming for.
So far, it doesn't exist.
Today I got a wonderful surprise when I began to peel my "soft-boiled eggs." Soft-boiled eggs in which even the egg white was not yet solidified! Just what I want to eat. The image above is the aftermath. This would not be the first of my trials with eggs. I've also been trying to find ways to eat raw eggs. I know, I know...fear that salmonella, who is this girl that's off her rocker? I'm surprised I can still stomach them after some of these run-ins (raw egg white tastes like somebody else's snot getting stuck as it reaches the back of your throat).
Just to be clear, beyond the crazier details, I believe eating egg yolks are healthy and that they should always be eaten with the egg white (not discarded). Most of the nutrition is in the egg yolk, and it's the best part - listen to your taste buds. If you don't want to believe this crazy....
Egg whites vs egg yolks:
http://www.ahealthiermichigan.org/2011/10/11/the-nurtional-value-of-egg-whites-versus-egg-yolks-what-do-you-use/
Effects of cholesterol in eggs:
http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/7301/description/Reevaluating_Eggs_Cholesterol_Risks
Recipe for uncooked soft-boiled eggs:
1) Place eggs in water and heat on medium-high heat for 15mins
2) Turn off the heat and leave eggs in hot water for 20min
3) Remove and let cool, place in fridge
Recipe for over-cooked hard-boiled eggs:
1) Place eggs in water and heat on medium-high heat until water boils (or patience runs thin)
2) Turn off the heat and leave the eggs in hot water for 10-15min
3) Remove and let cool, place in fridge
No comments:
Post a Comment