Monday, January 7, 2013

Confession, I know Nothing about Blogging


I must be getting old. I often feel like I'm not a part of my generation. This is one of those days. I've wasted countless hours trying to figure out how to be able to get my blog to appear when goggle searched, and I am temporarily giving up. Commentary suggestions is welcomed.

I attempted to add keywords to the template. It supposedly worked, but a google search does not show that it has helped. Not that my writing should warrant top hits...I'd still like to be able to find it without too much trouble (and others)!

The social anxiety part is the part that is having me hold back. I'm waiting to share this blog with my facebook friends because I'm afraid of running something-a-muck while I learn the ins and outs of blogging. I doubt I'll ever understand it all, but at least while this blog has nearly no viewers I can feel safe that nobody will laugh at the noobie errors. I have the same problem with facebook. It's always changing. I have no idea what of my stuff is broadcast and what has privacy settings on it. I recently struggled with changing my profile picture. Randomly, today, it appeared that the option I had been looking for returned. All these things create a nervous Beth. It is one reason that I don't post or do more with facebook. I need to get a second facebook profile with no friends that I actually know so I don't have to worry about what happens while I learn.

[Note: Also holding back on facebook updating friends until I have a base of entries written.]

No comments:

Post a Comment